This application shows you the AQI with all the available details from the closest observatory station to your location. You can either use your web-based and GPS location or your ZIP code to specify your location. Air US also allows you to save as many places as you want to your list of favorites in order to monitor various location all by a simple click! Let’s say, for example, you’d like to check the air quality in your neighborhood, at your work place, and also at your parents’ place in another state! No problem! Just add them to the list!
This version is free of charge and Ad-Free (at least for now!) so please enjoy it.
Currently this application uses Airnow publicly available AQI data which provides AQI information only for USA, Canada and Mexico, so although this application is available worldwide, - at least for now - it only is able to monitor real-time air quality index in mentioned regions.
- Phone status and Identity: used just to create a unique ID per user. None of your personal information is either used or stored on your phone or anywhere else!
- Approximate Location and GPS: used to retrieve your location in order to determine which station is the closest to you. We don’t use GPS most of the time, only approximate location (except when that’s not available) also, in the next versions, you’d be able to turn that off.
- Modify SD Card: used just to store your presets (like the list of the locations, etc.). We don’t have access to anywhere outside of the application safe sandbox.
- Full network access: used to retrieve real-time information about the air quality in your area and also to check if you are connected or not. This is also enables the ability to send feedback if you so choose.
Mim.Armand is an Artist, Inventor and animator, you can have a look at my works and projects at my website:
Follow me on Twitter: tweeter
Like my (empty!) Facebook page:
- Add Forecast option: have access to the forecast of the air quality in your area (if available)
- Design improvements! (for instance the list of locations should be more intuitive)
- Adding the ability for donations (to see if we can keep it ad-free)
- Improved backend!
- Improved crash/exception report