Take a look at the key features of the APRIL Expat app:
- COUNTRY FACTSHEET: this section contains all sorts of information on your destination country.
General information (international airports, languages spoken, currency etc.), Tourist and local information (best times to visit, accommodation costs, best places to visit etc.) and Health (compulsory and recommended vaccinations, doctor consultation fees, quality of the healthcare network etc.): it’s easy to get information on your destination country.
- COMMON EXPRESSIONS: here you’ll find sentences useful in everyday life situations, when you’re travelling or in an emergency.
“What time is it?”, “Where can I buy a ticket?”, “Can you help me please?”: the basics are at your fingertips, in 13 languages, with a pronunciation guide for Arabic, Chinese, Korean, Hindi, Japanese, Russian and Thai!
- CHECKLIST: to make sure nothing is forgotten before you leave!
Driving licence, GPS, hand sanitiser, cash in local currency, visa application etc. Here you’ll find everything you’ll need to pack and a list of things to do before leaving on a trip or for a successful expatriation.
- HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS: here you’ll find the hospitals nearest to your home or destination, using a search facility with a geolocation option. You can search by country, state/region and city: your results are displayed as a list or on a map.
Type of hospital (private or public), languages spoken, specialist area, full address etc. With this medical database, you get valuable information abroad and able to locate APRIL International Expat’s care partners.
You can add their contact details to your favorites and contacts or call the healthcare provider directly. You can also review the healthcare professionals and add a comment.
- EMERGENCY NUMBERS: in one click, get the number for medical emergencies, police or fire service in the country you’re in. If you are insured by APRIL International Expat, find the numbers which allows you to access the services provided under your policy, especially for requesting assistance in an emergency.
- MEDICAL TERMS: if you are having health issues, how do you tell your doctor where it hurts if you don’t speak the language perfectly? How do you explain your symptoms to the pharmacist?
Parts of the body, symptoms, diseases, paramedical supplies etc. Here you can browse the 100 most commonly searched medical terms, translated into 13 languages, with a pronunciation guide for Arabic, Chinese, Korean, Hindi, Japanese, Russian and Thai!
A FAVORITES tab gives you faster access to the healthcare professionals you’ve bookmarked.
The INSURANCE tab includes:
- an FAQ: “Why take out insurance?, “What is the EHIC?, “Where am I covered?”, “What to do if you are hospitalised” etc. This page provides answers to all your questions on health and assistance abroad.
- an access to your CUSTOMER ZONE.
- a page of VIDEOS with 10 new films about APRIL International and their insurance solutions!
- a CONTACTS page.
APRIL Expat is available in English, French and Spanish.
We hope you enjoy your browsing and are pleased to assist you during your time abroad.
APRIL International Expat