• Simple and clear design for easy access to our most detailed and up-to-date information
• Search for locations (automatically added to your favourites), or use your current location
• See any Met Office severe weather warnings issued at your location
• Hourly forecasts with detailed information for the next 48 hrs (UK)
• Look further ahead with 3 hourly forecasts (UK and International)
• See most likely high and low temperatures, and temperature ranges, for days 6-10
• Tap each hour for extra detail including Pressure, Visibility and Humidity
• A day overview including Sunrise/Sunset times, UV, with Pollen and Pollution information for the UK
• Swipe vertically to view all your favourite locations
• Portrait and landscape modes
• Support for 7" and 10" tablets, including hourly temperature curve in landscape mode
• A variety of differently sized interactive home screen widgets, and in Android 4.2 a lock screen widget (widgets unavailable if app is moved to SD card)
• Share the weather forecast on Facebook, Twitter, email and more
• Share favourite locations with a friend via NFC
• Override the detected location, and select a nearby location instead
• Accessibility for users of TalkBack text to speech
• Designed and optimised for Android, and conforms to current Android design guidelines
• Ability to store the app on the SD card. Widgets will not be available if you choose to use this function. This is a feature of the Android system. If you cannot see any widgets in your list of available widgets, in settings - manage applications, move BBC Weather from SD card to phone/tablet, and then restart your device.
• This app is currently not available for users in the Channel Islands and Isle of Man. The BBC and Google are working to resolve this issue.
If you choose to enable the display of weather at your current location [menu/show current location], the app will provide you with weather information based upon your current location. Your precise location is kept on your device, and once the app has determined the location of the closest populated location for which weather information is available, your precise location is not accessed by the BBC. No other personal data relating to you (such as a username, email address or unique device identifier) is sent to the BBC - you can be assured of this, since the app does not request the "read phone status and identity" or "use accounts on the device" permissions. Your information is anonymous, nevertheless the BBC will keep your information secure and not share it with anyone in accordance with the BBC’s Privacy and Cookies Policy, available at http://www.bbc.co.uk/privacy. You can choose to disable the display of weather at your current location [menu/show current location], and then the app will no longer automatically detect your current location.