CommCare is an open-source mHealth platform developed to capture healthcare through mobile devices by clinical personnel including nurses and physicians and support personnel like outreach workers, home health aides, community health workers, social workers. CommCare has been deployed in projects funded by multiple agencies around the world including National Institutes of Health, USAID, Partners in Health, Brigham & Women's Hospital
CommCare can easily be configured on smartphones and tablet PCs running Android operating system to enable in-field encounter data collection, sharing of patient information, and provide easy access to data for care management, supervision, and quality improvement purposes. CommCare allows effective coordination of team efforts around individually tailored patient care plans. CommCare has been deployed according to protocols based on most effective model of delivering care and clinical care guidelines. The system is HIPAA compliant and is securely hosted in the cloud based server for easy access anywhere.
- Customize CommCare based on your healthcare organization's unique data capture forms, workflow processes and delivery of care models
- Reduce the data burden on field health workers and programmatic staff
- Increase the speed and ease with which the care team can access clinical and programmatic data in the field
- Increase the “patient-centeredness” of the care team’s care coordination efforts
CommCare can help in replacing and improving labor intensive and inefficient paper or laptop based record systems. CommCare integrates with clinical system software both in ambulatory and/or acute care environment (for example EHR/EMR, PACS/RIS, CPOE, etc). CommCare can interface with commercial systems like GE Centricity, Athena Health, Epic, Eclipsys, AllScripts, Cerner, MEDITECH, eClinicalWorks, NextGen, Sage, etc. and Personal Health Record (PHR) systems through standard protocols like CCD (Continuity of Care Document, HL7 exchange messages)
- Developed collaboratively with the end users working in various communities around the world including United States, Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
- Real-time exchange of clinical and care management data between the mobile device and the cloud hosted server
- Custom reports to assess clinical outcomes, action plans, quality efforts, short term and long term goals
- Alerts and reminders based on pre-configured care plans including visits, lab tests
- Enables capture of various data types including encounter notes, quality of life measures, clinical markers, adherence data etc.
- Multi-stakeholder access privileges including physicians, nurses, supervisors, field workers and care givers
- Provides workflow management functions including staff scheduling and tracking
- Capability to integrate with telemetry sensors and medical devices like glucometers, wireless weighing scales, pill-boxes etc.
CommCare has been developed by Dimagi Inc. Dimagi is an award-winning, socially conscious technology company that helps organizations deliver quality health care to urban and rural communities around the world. Dimagi has worked in 20 countries, from rural villages in Sub-Saharan Africa to cutting-edge projects in the US including mHealth, care coordination, logistics management, mobile phone based clinical trial management. Dimagi’s team of engineers, clinicians, and public health professionals provide technology strategy and software development for enterprise healthcare systems, care coordination platforms, and medical communication technologies. Dimagi’s project partners include WHO, World Bank, USAID, CDC, WorldVision, Clinton Foundation, Unicef, PATH, The Rockefeller Foundation, and Acumen Fund. Dimagi was recognized as America's most promising social entrepreneurs in 2011.
Content rating: Low Maturity