Where existing location apps “predict” the past, telling where friends and contacts have been, FacesIn predicts the future, telling when and where you can connect face-to-face with people that matter to you.
Combining LinkedIn with domain specific networks like AngelList and CrunchBase, FacesIn learns who interests you and discovers where he or she will be.
FacesIn new version is focused on the startups world, helping startups, investors and media to connect face-to-face, answering:
* where can I “run into” my connections in person?
* what events should I go to based on people that interest me?
* who from my network is going to a specific event?
* when will my connections be near me so that I don’t need to travel?
* instantly view connections organised by proximity, time or relevancy
* locate on a map where your connections will be
* discover nearby places where your connections go
* receive notifications when people that matter will be nearby
Featured on TechCrunch: http://tcrn.ch/19T5oy9
"(..) rather than continuing to chase the bandwagon of apps and services that promise to keep you appraised of your friends’ real-time movements, such as the aforementioned Foursquare or Swarm or other real-time location mapping/pinging services, FacesIn can now parse public data and social postings to alert you when someone you are interested in is going to be at a public event in your vicinity soon — such as speaking at a conference. The idea being to give users the chance to cross paths with people they want to network with."