Next Lock Screen is the ultimate lock screen for busy professionals. Next helps protect your phone from unwanted access by others, and you are instantly more productive. It is an excellent productivity locker app and companion for your everyday life.
Perform the following functions, directly on your lock screen:
- Custom unlock: protect your phone with a PIN or pattern code.
- Notifications: view missed calls, text messages, and message notifications from apps like Facebook, Gmail and WhatsApp.
- Apps: launch your favorite apps with our built-in app launcher.
- Tools: quick access to the Camera, Flashlight, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and more.
- Weather: check the local weather with automatic updates.
- Calendar: view your upcoming events, complete with time and location. Receive summaries on the meetings you have for today and tomorrow.
- Music player: control your favorite songs and playlists. Next supports the most popular music apps such as Spotify, Audible and Pandora.
- Wallpapers: choose your own image or from our gallery of photos. Select the Bing Wallpaper of the day to receive a beautiful new image on your screen every day.
Next Lock Screen is available worldwide and supports the English, Spanish, and Chinese languages.
Thurrott.com: "Microsoft this weekend updated its Next Lock Screen app for Android, a personalized lock screen replacement that lets you see your calendar, missed calls, email and text messages at a glance, and then act on them without unlocking your device....This really does look sweet."
Android Pit: "Microsoft's new philosophy of going cross-platform and cross-OS with its software has been paying dividends, and Next Lock Screen is another fine example of Microsoft's design acumen complementing the Android ecosystem."
Android Guys: "Next Lock Screen does a great job adding productivity to your lock screen. It is an app that anyone who wants more functionality should place at the top of their lists."
LifeHacker: "Next puts important info—like your upcoming meetings, missed calls, and text messages on your lock screen for instant access. You can swipe notifications away to dismiss them (similar to the notification dropdown), and swipe down to unlock the screen."
Next Lock Screen is a Microsoft Garage project brought to you by the creators of Arrow Launcher, the simple, personal launcher for Android. The Microsoft Garage turns fresh ideas into real projects. Learn more about The Garage at: http://microsoft.com/garage
Next is community-driven!
Join our vibrant Beta community at: http://aka.ms/nextbeta
Vote on the best feature areas at: http://nextlockscreen.uservoice.com/