You can also enable the optional weather alerts; Choose up to five counties to receive alerts for, set your threshold and receive NOAA weather alerts as notification in your status bar.
Please give us a good review if you like the app.
* Ability to select from any NOAA-supported US region
* Configurable layers: Radar + Topography, County Boundaries, Highways and/or City Labels
* Pinch/Zoom/Move to position your radar map
* Configurable update frequency
* Ability to use Weather Alert feature separate from Live Wallpaper
* Portrait or Landscape mode
* Optional Weather Alerts as notifications
* Receive alerts for multiple counties (US, Guam, and Virgin Isles)
* Any, Statement, Advisory, Watch or Warning alert thresholds
Install application, then select as wallpaper (from Home, touch: Menu key, Wallpaper, Live wallpapers). On the Settings screen, choose your Location and any other options settings, then touch "Set wallpaper". At the home screen, double-tap to enable positioning and pinch/zoom of the map - the wallpaper will respond to your left/right/up/down and pinch/zoom gestures. Double-tap again to exit positioning mode.
You can also zoom & position the app in the stand-alone mode and the settings will carry over to your wallpaper view.
You can now receive NOAA weather alerts without using the NOAA Radar as your wallpaper. Just 'Enable Alerts' unders Settings and leave your wallpaper alone.
A Compatibility Mode is now available which should help with some devices that are experiencing the 'blank overlays' issue. When compatibility mode is on, the app will operate the same as it does on low-memory device: Overlays are merged to conserve graphics memory and displayed on top of radar. Topographic overlay is not available. Overlays are cropped to 512 pixels high, leaving small top and bottom margins in the overlay.
NOTE that past radar images may not always be available from NOAA - Updates are dependent on the availability of an internet connection and images published by NOAA.