How is this different to a regular weather forecast app?
With Wealert you will never have to consciously check the forecast anymore! Rather than you checking the forecast for a particular time, Wealert automatically alerts you based on time and thresholds.
For example: I want to be alerted every morning at 8am only if the probability of rain at 5pm is greater than 40%.
Wealert allows you to set schedules on when the forecast for a particular time should automatically be checked:
- Customize whether you would only like to receive notifications if a particular threshold is exceeded (e.g. rain probability is greater than 30%, or temperature is above 34 degrees).
- Customize where you want the forecasts to be based on.
- Customize the occurrence of forecasts (e.g. every Thursday, or specific date in the future)
- Customize how long before a time you want to schedule the check (e.g. 2 hours before 9AM).
Forecast data includes the following:
- Temperature (and apparent temperature)
- Precipitation (rain, snow, etc)
- Dew point
- Wind speed
- Wind bearing
- Cloud cover